1. Criteria of Eligibility and Restrictions
The competition is open to students in architecture worldwide. There is no age limit. The projects may be carried out individually or in groups, with no restriction on the number of members of the team. It is possible to present a project made by a team but you have to mention the team leader since in case of prize award, he/she will be the one invited for the traineeship or award.
Students can each present up to 3 projects.
As long as you are an architect/student and the graduation year is planned for 2011, 2012.
The following will not be eligible to take part in the competition:
- Any individual or organization related to the promoting organization, such as members of the advisory committee or sponsored researchers, and anyone professionally associated with the promoter;
- Members of the competition jury and organizing staff, or any person to whom a member of the jury acts as director, supervisor or adviser;
- Any person directly or indirectly involved in the summary of the competition.
2. Launch of the contest
For all architecture students around the world, the contest was officially launched during the Bau 2011 Exhibition (Munich, 17-22 January 2011).
3. Free Registration
No fee or other payment will be required for entering projects.
Please REGISTER HERE
4. Awards and Intermediate prizes
12 traineeships will be offered by the Archi-World® Academy Awards.
Each member of the jury will independently select its favorite project. The student related to that project will be invited to join the architect’s team for a traineeship period of 4 to max 6 months. The traineeship period will be agreed between the architecture practice and the student. The student will receive the same fee as the one usually granted by the local architecture practice.
2 intermediate prizes will be offered by an independent Jury:
- The media/press prize will be awarded by our press partners. Each of the AWA Media partners jury representing some of the most popular architecture magazines will select their winning project. Deadlines for submission: 15 July 2011, 30 November 2011, 15 March 2012, 30 June 2012.
- The Industrial Intermediate prize will be awarded in April 2012, August 2012 and October 2012. Each partner will have the opportunity to select the best entry presented so far using material related to its product category. For details about these prizes please check the inspiration corner/pages of each partner at the AWA website or click here.
5. Topic: “ENERGY-SAVING PROJECTS AND IDEAS FOR THE FUTURE OF ARCHITECTURE AND URBANISM”: « NO LIMITS, NO RESTRICTIONS »
All projects, ideas and concepts will be accepted if in accordance with the contest topics.
6. Documents and Graphic Materials Required
Define a list of key concepts for the construction of the habitat of the XXI century.
Exemplify your ideas by designing a specific building or city, or proposing changes for an existing building or city.
Site plans, floor plans, elevations, sections, perspective drawings, photographs of physical or digital models and axonometric drawings at any scale and descriptive texts explaining the project are allowed.
A short description (max 1000 words) in English is mandatory.
The proposals should be presented on
three (3) DIN A-3 panels, (download template)
one A4 detailed technical description + one A4 motivation brief (download template)
No physical materials will be accepted. All of the proposals must without exception be in digital form and uploaded one by one in the following websites:
The proposals can be presented in any language but a short description (max 1000 words) in English is mandatory.
8. The Jury
The jury is composed of 12 worldwide renowned architects. Ma Yansong, Zaha Hadid, Jain Bijoy, Francine Houben, Jean-Michel Jaspers, Andry Bokov, Kengo Kuma, Françoise-Hélène Jourda, Mario Cucinella, Christoph Ingenhoven, Bjarke Ingels, Daniel Libeskind, Juhani Pallasmaa.
9. Submission of Proposals
It is allowed to upload your panels and edit them from Friday 15 April 2011 until Tuesday 30 October 2012 midnight on the competition’s websites
10. Announcement of the winners
Winners will be personally contacted in December.
11. Awarding ceremony
The prestigious awarding ceremony will take place on 16 January 2013 at BAU 2013 Exhibition (Munich, January 2013) in the presence of the members of the jury. Every participant will receive a free entry ticket for the Archi-World® Awarding Ceremony.
All enquiries or complaint must be sent to the following address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Jury’s decisions are unquestionable.